1. When Jamuna Toni the elephant got snuggly with her keeper
2. When this lion was really, REALLY excited to see his human
3. When this tiger chose love instead of dinner
4. When these sea turtles did the best they could with their flippers
5. When Agee cuddled up to her best friend, Mark Abbot Dumas.
6. When this baby rhino showed his mama some love
7. When this Cambodian boy and his slithery best friend defied all odds
The snake apparently found its way into the boy’s home when he was just a baby, and they’ve been best friends ever since.
8. When this family got closer for a huge hippo hug
9. When this dog reminded the world that he was truly this dude’s best friend
10. When Tom Too proved that the bigger your head is, the better the hug is.
11. (And when this loving momma agreed.)
12. When these giraffes showed exactly what those long necks are good for
13. When this cow asked his little friend to mooooove a little closer
14. When journalist Charlie Bird got a heavy hug from an elephant seal
15. When Koko and Robin Williams shared a special moment
16. When this ostrich proved that feathers make an embrace extra cozy
17. When Pardus the black leopard—OHGODNO
Phew! She was just extra excited for a hug.
18. When this polar bear and his canine buddy had an unlikely friendship
19. When this ray just wanted a group hug
20. When this giant panda was extremely grateful to its feeder
21. When this camel didn’t have arms, so she used her neck instead
22. When Christian the lion was reunited with his favorite humans, John and Ace.
23. When this llama was really excited to be at the perfect height for hugging
24. When this manatee gave Margaux Maes an underwater hug
25. When Pocho the crocodile cozied right up to Gilberto “Chito” Shedden
The Costa Rican resident nursed the croc back to health after Pocho was found with his left eye shot out. They spent over twenty years as best friends until Pocho’s death in October, 2011.